Thursday, May 29, 2008

Jubilations for my Joyful Jewels

I don't know why I use alliteration in my titles. I just like it, I guess! Julie sent me a fun email with a goofy picture of her last week after her visit for Becca's 8th grade promotion. She learned how to use the "photo booth" feature on her laptop from Becca while she was here visiting. She snapped this lovely shot of herself and sent it to me. Isn't she funny!

We all sat and played with Becca's computer doing these wild shots of ourselves and just laughed so hard! I sure love my girls. They bring so much joy to me. I am so glad that we can play together and be silly! This is something we have always done, and I cherish every minute I can spend with my wonderful daughters. If we had to be serious all the time, life sure would not be much fun.

Jewels called me last night to catch me up on her social life. Good things are happening there. She is so determined to have a temple marriage and said she would never sacrifice that for anything. Too many little folks have their eye on her and she does not want to let them down. Not only Ava, but her niece Savannah, and her nephews Cooper and Luka. Also her sister, Becca. I appreciate that she also wants to make the right choices for herself, because she knows that is where she will find true joy and satisfaction in life.

I am so excited about the path that Julie is on in her life. She just had a great semester at the University of Utah where she plans on getting a degree in Sociology; she is the MIA Maid advisor in her ward; and she is planning on going to the temple in June. I am so happy for her and the decisions she is making. Julie is such a wonderful mom-daughter-sister-friend-person. She works so hard at all of her responsibilities in life and is totally being blessed by her good choices. I love you, Julie! Keep up the good work.

4 comments:

julie said...

I know you didn't put that picture on your blog!!!! It's a good thing I can laugh at myself. You give me too much credit! I am just doing what so many others before me have done. I have had some pretty great people to look up to along the way. Thanks for all your love and support.

Alice Faye said...

Funny picture! I agree that daughters are great. I have four, two by birth and two by marriage. I love my boys too but there is just something about being with all my girls, especially the four grandgirls.

Unknown said...

love that picture

Patty said...

That is quite the picture! It sounds like you all had a great time.
Congratulations Julie, which temple will you be married in?