Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
For the first time, it wasn't actually too bad. With a customer that was not really happy about the whole thing, she only nicked one ear, and left one white wall just a little higher than the other . . . she said it's a good thing his hair grows fast!
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Thursday, June 12, 2008
- Hearing: the birds were singing the whole time we hiked; I could hear the stream rushing through the canyon even though I could not always see it; the wind soughing through the pine boughs; the laughter of baby Luka so free and sweetly given; the chatter of Savannah and Cooper as they busily made pictures for their missionary uncles; the sound of "I love you," spoken by those so dear to me.
- Sight: the countless shades of green painting all of the trees, grasses, shrubs, and plants; the bluest skies ever, with billowing cloud in shades of gray and white; wild flowers in colors and hues that simply cannot be produced by man; patterns of shade and sun on the trail made by the canopy of branches; inch worms hanging on their silky threads - eeeewwww; baby Luka's toothless, slobbery grin; Luka's chubby legs; Savannah and Cooper's cute hands busy with a project; my husband's loving smile as we shared our day.
- Smell: pine trees; wind; damp earth; wild flowers; cookies baking; sweaty kids; soap and shampoo; my favorite lotion; food cooking at Chili's; Katie's new house; my new car.
- Feel: sweat trickling down my back; the breeze making me cold 'cause I was all sweaty; the sun; my muscles working on a steep part of the trail; thirst; joy at the beauties of nature; gratitude to Heavenly Father for my innumerable blessings; love for my family; the comfort of a wonderful hot shower; the touch of a loving hand brush across my shoulder as Rod passed by me; relaxing into bed.
- Taste: Gatorade - ahhhhhhh; Carmel Fiber One bar - chewy and sweet; chicken tortilla soup - warm and flavorful; salad - always a favorite with all of the colors and textures and flavors; chicken tostada - spicy; Jr. Mints - mmmmmmm.