Sunday, June 08, 2008

When the Family Gets Together...

Day 2 of our vacation in Utah. (day one is posted on my other blog.) We went to the park behind my sister's house and had a wonderful bar-b-que with all the trimmings. Most of my siblings, their children and their grandchildren were there. It is always fun when the cousins can see each other. Many will be moving to different parts of the country this summer as they start the careers. There are two new babies on the way. My dad will have a total of 27 great-grandchildren after Kori and Krista have their babies. Kori and Krista are sisters. They are due about 3 weeks apart. Kori is scheduled for a c-section on June 30 and Krista will just have to wait it out. This will be Kori's 3 baby, and Krista's first. It is fun for these two to share their pregnancies together! Delayne and Katie have been "good cousins" forever. It is always nice when they can see each other. I love when I can see my sister, LaRue. She is holding my youngest grandbaby, Luka. He always has a smile for everyone. He is such a sweet baby.
LaRue's husband, and my brother, Dave, are cooking up a storm.
My dear old dad is the patriarch of quite a large family.
It was fun to see my nieces and nephews. I have tried to keep in touch with them this year by viewing and commenting on their blogs. It is a great way to stay in touch. I love them each so much. They are amazing men and women, and are doing a great job with their children. It was also good to see my dad. Each visit is a gift that I treasure.

5 comments:

Alice Faye said...

How fun to see your whole family. I'm sure you had a wonderful time. Wish I was there.

Rachell's Place said...

It sure is a lot of fun to get together with family. I'm counting the days to when my mom comes to visit this weekend :)

heidi said...

i wish i could have been there, it looks like it was a blast, gas prices are keeping us away. Thanks for posting the pictures, its so fun to see everyone.

Krista and Aaron said...

That was such a fun day! I loved seeing everyone and am thankful for all of the cute blogs so we can keep updates on each other. Love you!

Bethany said...

How much fun! We're doing our family reunion next week. It's so important to keep in touch.