Wednesday, June 25, 2008

No More Training Wheels!

Last night, Savannah decided she wanted her training wheels off her bike. This meant that Dad went into training. He ran around the block at least 3 times with her helping her get the hang of riding. She did just great! Once she got the hang of it, she just kept on going. Her legs were pedaling fast and furious and the look of concentration and determination on her face was so funny!
Here is the cheering section.
Just look at that smile! What a victory - and new found independence and freedom! Way to go Savannah. You are awesome! Well, not to be out done, Cooper then wanted his training wheels off his bike, too. Dad had to do more running. (He was exhausted!) Mom had to step in and do some of the running! Coop was just a little shaky and didn't quite have enough confidence to totally ride on his own.But this morning, Grammy went out with him and just had to run up and down the street with him a couple of times. Shoes on the wrong feet, helmet falling in the eyes, and wobbling all over the place, he totally got this "look" on his face - very determined - he said he didn't want any help, and the next thing we knew he had taken off down the street all by himself. He learned to turn very tight circles and use his brakes. Wow! Now both kids are just riding around like they have been doing it forever. Just look at his big smile! I am so glad I was here for this special accomplishment for Savannah and Cooper! I feel like I miss out on so much of my grandkids' lives. It was really fun for me to be here for their bike riding and to take pictures and cheer them on. Way to go guys! I love you!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

We are glad you were here for this too! Thanks for your photo skills

Janet said...

Savahnna and Cooper are too cute!

mandy said...

I am so glad to see that I can still call you my aunt Kurly. It looks like things are going good for you. Man I sur miss ya. Hope you are enjoying Arizona. I finally have a blog it is gibbonsfamily-mandy.blogspot. You will have to check it out. Hope to hear from ya soon.

Jarret M. Sharp, Ed. D. said...

I vividly remember taking off my training wheels and riding in a circle over and over again just getting used to the idea. Once I broke for a straight line, there was no turning back!

A memorable day! Hat tip to your the grand kids and to you for being there. A reminder of what we are all capable of!

The Skinners said...

Looks like fun! We loved seeing you this summer.

Becca's Bologna said...

that was a very exciting day! it was so funny watching savannah peddle on that little bike.
i love your new blog background too very cute.

Becca's Bologna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany said...

So cute. Glad you had fun up there, but more glad you're home!