Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy Birthday Janet

Happy Birthday to you! This is Janet, my next oldest sister. She is beautiful, don'tcha think? I have so many fun memories with her. She was always my idol when I was a little girl. One of my favorite memories with Janet was a few precious days spent at her cabin in Island Park, ID, and going to Yellowstone and all the other beautiful places around there. It was just Janet, Becca, Aubryn and me. We had a blast! And she is so funny - she would have complete strangers tap me on the shoulder where ever we were and say "don't you think her hair is cute?" and have them point at her. She would just smile and wave. It cracked me up! And she had her fingers hanging out a partly rolled down window in the car and I rolled up the window as we drove away, not knowing her fingers were hanging out. She sure can scream! I felt so bad about that one. I could go on and on with experiences and memories. This is a typical expression. I love being in her home and in her kitchen. She always makes me feel important and special when I am there. Janet, here's to you! Hope you celebrate MANY more birthdays! You will never know what an integral part of my life you are. Thank you for your unwavering love and support - especially during the darkest and hardest times in my life. I would never have made it through without you and Len. Sending love to you!

6 comments:

Bethany said...

She sounds like a wonderful sister. How great for you to have someone like her to rely on. Wow, and you guys look alike, too (except for the hair, of course!). If she's anything like you, she's a wonderful lady:)

Becca's Bologna said...

haha aunt jannet is a awesome. The hair story will always be my favorite memory of aunt jannet. I also loved it when she read nia nuki to me and aubryn. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT JANNET!!!!

Janet said...

Thanks Karla. I am blessed to have a wonderful sister who is younger yet wiser. Someone actually told me I had cute hair the other day. I am surprised at how frequently this happens.

Patty said...

Your sister Janet reminds me of the special person that you are, Karla.
I know that you both had wonderful parents. What a blessing.

julie said...

I love aunt Janet too!

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

Karla,

I love this tribute to your sister!! She sounds awesome but I am not surprised after knowing you - she would have to be!!! I love your blogs!!! Keep them coming! Love, Kathy