Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sod, Chalk Art, Train Games

Saturday, the sod came about 9:00 AM.
Everyone got right to work! We were glad when we got to the shady part.
Luka didn't seem to mind what was happening outside!
Hmmmm - I think we need a pedicure, now!
M-M-M-M! Pizza after all the work was done
I had to take Rod to the airport later in the afternoon. :( But when I got back, we went to the Gateway Mall to the Chalk Art and Family Fun Festival. We had such a great time together!
Coop and Vannah liked this pirate guy.
What a great shot, Cooper!
I don't think I have ever seen so many people out enjoying a beautiful summer day! It was so funny to watch the people playing in the fountain. Cooper hitches a ride on Daddy's shoulders. My mom always would say, " I feel bigger, and much older when I ride on Daddy's shoulder." I used to love to ride like that with my dad.
Savannah takes a turn at the ball shooting.
Can you pose like Spider Man?
The chalk art was colorful and amazing. So much time goes in to these drawings. The artist told us this one took 15 hours. We really enjoyed the festival, had a fun dinner at Rumbi, came home and read stories to the kids and tucked them in to bed. Then Katie, Julie and I played our traditional game. We had a rousing game of "trains." I kicked their butts! Julie is a sore looser!
Julie won the next game. She is also a sore winner!
A very busy, work-filled, fun-filled day. I am so glad to spend this time with my girls and grandkids.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did we really do all of that in one day? Thanks for your help!

Janet said...

That's a full day! No one can accuse you of "wasting the days of your probtion".