Friday, June 11, 2010

Vacation Time

Rod, Becca and I left Peoria at 4:30 AM and drove all the way to Woodscross, UT today. As we watched the temperature drop each hour of the drive, we wondered what we were getting in to. Clouds were forming and the wind was blowing hard as we drove up Interstate 15. The rain started just before we hit Provo. It didn't stop. It ended up at 50 degrees. We had just come from a week of over 100. It is freezing here! I mean really! It's June!
This is the welcoming committee. I went through the garage and knocked on the door. I could hear the squeals and my darling grandkids saying "It's Grammy! She's here!" They all ran to the door and we had lots of good hugs and kisses. I have missed them. I gave them some fancy suckers that someone at work gave me for my birthday.
The next morning, they got all spiffed up as I got ready for the day. They love to put on my make up. Cooper fixed his hair, so Luka had to fix his hair. The girls wanted me to put braids in their hair. We always tell the story of Rapunzel when we fix hair. These little people are such a joy. I love them so much.

No comments: