Saturday, August 26, 2006

Time to Take a Step Back

This is me at age 18. I thought Katie would enjoy seeing these photos. She knows why... This is me at age 49. I am doing one of my favorite things - hiking. This is at Mt. Timpanogas. We took Becca and Nick to the caves. It was such a fun day! (I think Labor day of 2004) This was the fall before we moved to Phoenix. Katie, do you think I look much different with30 years and 50 pounds added?? Today I have had to just stop. The last 4 weeks have been so full and busy running here and there, starting kids in school, busy at work, busy at church, serving others, having company, Dr. appointments, Orthodontist appointments, taking the dog to the vet, open house at school, battling a bad back, working overtime, cooking, cleaning, laundry, having PMS and wanting to eat constantly, substituting in nursery, substituting in Sunday School, playing a piano solo in church, practicing for standards night on Sunday, daily tasks, preparing lessons . . . EEEEEEK! I woke up at 2:30 AM worrying about how I was going to fit everything in today (plus I was too hot!). I finally got up at 4 AM and worked on my Relief Society Lesson. It is now all done. I usually have it done a week before and I am presenting it tomorrow! I was really feeling the pressure. I also copped out on a hike I wanted to do this morning. I told Rod I just needed to stay home. I did not want to leave the kids alone again and I need this day to recoup. I mean, it has been so busy that I did not even get Julie's birthday card mailed, and her birthday is TODAY! But at least I got her presents while I was in Utah this summer, so I hope she will forgive me for being negligent of her 25th Birthday. But now . . . today is mine! I am going to rest a little and play some catch up with home and family. I want to run my life, I don't want my life to run me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures! You are so beautiful- you are still very young looking- everyone tells me that my mom looks so young! I love you mom, you are awesome.