Sunday, September 21, 2008

People Watching...

I was fascinated yesterday, as I sat on a bench with our grocery cart in Wal Mart while Rod was at the credit union getting a new debit card. I observed a myriad of different people. Young, old, short, tall, slim, fat, extremely fat, so fat she couldn't walk and had to use one of those little electric carts, white, black, brown, yellow, red, long hair, short hair, well dressed, shabby looking, smart looking, dumb looking (you know the vacant eyes with the mouth hanging open), children with boundless energy dancing around their parents, subdued children, those that looked happy and those that looked sad, handicapped, athletic, ponytailed men, and short haired women, tattoos, cleavage, wrinkles, freckles, acne, pierced, I mean I was amazed! I could go on and on. But I guess what was profound is that I thought about how every single one of those people is a child of God, my spirit brother or sister. He knows them by name as he knows me. He feels their joys and their sorrows, their fears and their celebrations. He wants them all back. I was humbled by this little 10 minute experience. I was also very thankful for the blessings in my life. I do not know about going without - I have never been hungry, naked, homeless, in prison, sickly, handicapped, etc. I cannot begin to express my gratitude for the abundant life with which I have been so blessed. Certainly I have had heartaches in my life, but I have always had the comfort of the Savior to see me through. There are so many out there that do not have that. I would never want to trade places with anyone! Certainly that is the greatest gift in my life - to know the Savior and to know that he knows me.

10 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

It is a wonderful realization that the Lord does know and love each of his children. I have felt that same spirit over and over here in this sea of foreign faces--to me --but not the Lord. How blessed we are with this testimony. It helps us deal with the injustices in this world.

Kori said...

What a beautiful post. A big part of my testimony has been that even if I was the only person who needed the Attonement to be saved, the Savior would have done it for me...the same goes for any one of God's children. It is some of the best personal revelation I have ever received. Thanks for reminding me! Love you!

Unknown said...

Moments like that are so humbling. I have felt like that many times to. I am always amazed at how much I have and often wonder why- why me? Why not them?

Kendall & Nichole said...

You are amazing! Thanks for that, I needed it. I love you and miss you and your funny jokes and contagious laugh...oh yea, and Donald Duck of course.

heidi said...

We really are blessed. I love the moments when that realization hits me, when I am able to really look around me and see and feel all that i have.
Since living in St. George i have learned to appreciate my testimony and knowledge of the Savior. It humbling to be able to carry the spirit when so many others don't have that opportunity.

julie said...

Mom I just have to say that I think you are amazing. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father sent me to you! I bragged about you to my class by the way.

Janet said...

Dear Loved Three,
My My but you have dragged skelletons out of the closet. I do not know what all those letters stand for. But I think JP stands for JUST PERFECT.

Alice Faye said...

Great post. I have had such moments too. It makes me feel very humble.

Our son Logan got married last week so we made another trip to Utah and got to see your Dad and Donna. He said you were coming up for a visit. Once again we miss each other by just a few days. RATS!!! One of these days.......

Eric, Kelly, Tyler, Xander, and Liam said...

What a wonderful spritual insight! I just love you blog.

Joe said...

A favorite pastime.