Saturday, October 04, 2008

A Busy Saturday!

4:30 - rise and shine! 5:00 - leave for the airport to take Julie. She did not feel well this morning. She rolled down the window and barfed onto the freeway. Of course it got all over the side of the car. My poor girl! 6:00 - home from the airport. Get Rod up. 6:30 - arrive at the bishop's home to can our pasta. We did 12 cans - wide egg noodles, homestyle noodles, and elbow macaroni. It is supposed to stay good for 30 years. Hmmmm....wonder if I'll ever have to open it up to survive. 7:00 - home and Rod leaves for work. I went to the car wash. Came home and did the inside of the car too, vacuum, windows, the whole enchilada. Also stripped the beds, vacuumed all of the ceiling fans (very yucky!) and started the laundry. 8:20 - take Becca to her YW conference breakfast. 8:45 - hit the shower 9:00 - watched the morning session of conference. 11:15 - dash to WalMart to get a few canned items and some cash so Becca can get a haircut. 11:45 - leave to meet Rod at Costco to get our weekly shopping stash. We enjoy having a chicken Cesar salad while there. 1:00 - watch afternoon session of conference. During this time, Rod also mows, edges, and uses the blower on the yard. He also gets the evaporative cooler going. It is very nice - and now we won't be using our electric meter for a fan. 3:00 - put away all the Costco stuff. Go check out the water barrels. Since it is conference time, Rod empties out the water and refills them to keep the water fresh. This will be done twice a year. He uses a clear piece of plastic hose and just lets it syphon out. Pretty slick! We are going to get one more barrel next week. That will give us 200+ gallons of water in storage. Hopefully, we will never have to use it. 3:30 - more laundry. Allen is here. Put clean sheets on the bed, put up clean towels in the bathroom 4:00 - take Becca and MacKaela to WalMart while I go to the credit union to make a deposit. I bought all the stuff for Heidi's enchiladas for dinner. Take Becca and Kaela to Kaela's house. 5:00 - Rod calls and says he and Nick are on their way to the priesthood session. 5:15 - get home and kind of crash. Get on the computer for a few minutes and check out some of my favorite blogs and check the email. 5:45 - ahhh! where did the time go? Gotta get those enchiladas going for dinner. 6:40 - enchiladas in the oven. Set the table. Get out the Halloween table cloth. Empty the dishwasher. Do the dinner prep dishes. 7:10 - the family is home and we have dinner. Do the dishes. Cleaned the kitchen. 8:00 - do some folding. I still need to clean my bathroom. 8:30 - decided to take a break and post on my picture-a-day. I still need to clean my bathroom. 9:05 - I feel so done with this day! Guess I better quit this post and go clean my bathroom.

6 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

Oh my gosh, I had forgotten that you are still on the expressway of life with your busy kids and husband. Your day made me tired just reading about it. It reminds me how MUCH YOUNGER you are than me. Yikes! But life is good, huh?

Unknown said...

There is alwalys something more to do! Did you make cousin Heidi's enchildadas? Were they good. I bought stuff to make them this week- that is funny.

julie said...

Sorry about the barfing! But what can I say I try and keep life interesting and exciting! Thanks for a nice few days away.

Alice Faye said...

Aren't you glad you have Sunday's for a "Day of Rest?" Oh wait, aren't you the RS Pres. Oh well!!!

Bethany said...

Man, you are one busy woman. If I could only have a tenth of your energy!

The Skinners said...

Wow you are amazing! And I thought I was busy....