Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Post-Birthday Post

This morning at 3:00 am I heard a thunderous and panicked pattering of feet charge into the kids' bathroom. I then heard the ensuing opening and slamming of drawers and then.... well, poor Becca was sick! I got up to check on her. She had big tears running down her cheeks because she had barfed so hard. I sent her back to bed after a drink and some Maalox. She got up early and had a few little presents. She is trying to look brave here. She missed Seminary, but went to school. At 10:30 she called me to pick her up because she was still feeling pretty bad. I finished up a couple of things at work and spent the rest of the day at home with her. She felt better later on and we went to the Texas Roadhouse for her birthday dinner. Ashley and Allen came with us. We came home for birthday cake. She blew out all 15 candles!
About 8:00 as we were watching the election results we heard the "ding-dong" of the doorbell. There were balloons and girls! Some of the Young Women came to wish her a happy birthday!
What an darling group of girls, along with amazing Julie McLean, their fearless leader.
They decided to stay for some cake and ice cream. They are so hilarious! It was noisy and fun the whole time the girls were here.
I then gave the traditional serenade of Happy Birthday like Donald Duck. We all had a good laugh! I hope Becca had a really good birthday. She is an amazing young lady. I am so blessed to be her Mom.

7 comments:

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

Happy Birthday Becca! Hope you are feeling better. Great mom, great daughter! Great combination!

Unknown said...

That sounds like fun! I'm glad Becca felt better

Chris Grover said...

not the best post birthday to start with, huh? but looks like it turned out great in the end! i can't believe that little girl i used to know is so grown up! i imagine you feel that on a much larger scale! so cute! i totally remember your donald duck singing! it's your specialty!

mandy said...

I love the donald duck voice. It is worth getting better if you can get dinner at the texas roadhouse Give her a happy birthday hug from me. I cant believe she is fifteen she was just a few months old the first time I came out to ride. It seems like just the other day.

Joe said...

Wow, what a day! With such a great mom and great friends it seems it turned out just fine. Sorry to ehar you were sick.

Becca's Bologna said...

I had the greatest birthday ever! Thanks so much for everything you did to make it fabulous!

Bethany said...

Yay, Becca! I can't believe she's already 15-- Happy Birthday! Poor thing-- I've been sick on my birthday, too. Never fun.