Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Chaos...

My house looked like a tornado zone for about 5 days. It drove me up the wall! Becca decided it was time to re-decorate her room (I have encouraged her to do this for about 3 years). She emptied everything out so we could paint - so every room in the house had boxes and stuff where ever there was an empty spot to put it.
The painting project was not too bad. She chose a beautiful pale blue. It looks sensational, and really lightens up her room.
We used the old "Scooby Doo" sheets for a drop cloth.
On Friday of last week, Becca and I went to IKEA and got her new furniture. They delivered it on Monday, totally adding more stuff to the utter chaos in my house. Monday night Rod and I assembled the bed, and a special storage unit that goes behind the headboard. I don't know if you have ever assembled IKEA furniture, but it is quite an experience. I think there was like a 10-pound bag of screws, bolts, wooden pegs, whirligigs, plastic doo-dads, brackets, and other hardware. It takes a little time just to sort it all out. But if you follow the directions, look at the pictures, and do it just like the instructions indicate, you do get a nice-looking finished product. I did put a couple of different pieces on upside-down, and backwards, making it necessary to backtrack some of the assembly process, but all in all we did pretty good with it. We worked on that until well after 10:00 PM. Needless to say, it was exhausting. I am working four 10-hour days during the summer weeks, so I had already put in a long day. I do enjoy the Friday off, though!
Tuesday night, we got the dresser assembled. That also took several hours. Rod and I made and assembly-line type production out of building the drawers and it worked very nicely. As you can see, Becca supervised. Part of the finished dresser...
It all turned out very nicely. I am not allowed to post pictures of the finished room until she does, so I have only shown the production phase of this project. I am glad it is done and that most of her stuff is now back into her room. She worked hard at packing and unpacking, planning it all out, and she even helped paint. Good job, Becca!

No comments: