Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Creativity

My sweet mother would always heave a sigh and say "I'm just not creative." Yet we wore meticulously and beautifully hand sewn clothing, we enjoyed home canned juices and jams and fruits, pickled beets, sweet pickles, mustard pickles, dill pickles, chili sauce - all done by mom in her kitchen; we had embroidered pillowcases with crocheted borders (mom never sat down without some kind of hand work going on); every closet, drawer, and cupboard in our home was in perfect order - a place for everything and everything in its place; she had a cleaner home than I have ever experience since I left there; well-balanced meals; well-balanced checkbook; security, comfort, and joy. All because of Mom. She created a heaven for us in our home. She couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, but I would rather have a bucket of her mustard pickles any day! She couldn't play a musical instrument, but she could garden, and she was the best helpmeet to my father.
This incredible video contains one of my favorite orations. It is eloquent, sincere, and full of truth. It strikes a deep chord in my heart. We are each divine in our nature, and full of godly qualities. I love this. May it give you a pat on the back for who you are and for the unique qualities you own. Remember, there is no one like you! You are incredible! And I hope my Mom now knows that she is, indeed, creative! I know that she is certainly creating joy on the other side, where she is anxiously engaged in a good work - just as she always was when she was on the earth.

1 comment:

julie said...

I love this video! It gives great insight to the fact that we are all "creators" in our own way and that every way is uniquely beautiful. Love you Mom!