Sunday, October 11, 2009

Missing my babies...

I sure wish I could snuggle this soft little head into the crook of my neck right now. I really miss this little guy! There is nothing quite as soft as baby hair against my cheek, and I love kissing his little neck. He makes such funny faces and sweet little squeaky noises. I love feeling his breath on my face. Oh, Cannon! Grammy misses you!
Luka, I miss playing with you every day and watching you build with your legos. I would love to play "this little piggy went to market" and see your big smile. I miss you, my buddie!

Savannah, you have become such a good reader! You have grown so tall and you are such a kind and loving big sister. I love fixing your hair in the morning. I miss helping you with your spelling and playing checkers with you! Cooper I miss how excited you get about life. I love playing games with you. You are a very special boy! I miss you both so much! It was very hard for me to leave you all yesterday.

I did get to see Savannah and Cooper play soccer while I was there. They are both very athletic and certainly dominated the successful plays in their games. It was great to see them participating and enjoying their teams. Great kick, Savannah!

Cooper was very aggressive and can certainly control the ball.

And then there is Ava! I missed her soccer game because I was in a traffic jam trying to get there during the 5:00 rush of traffice. I loved it when she came running into the house announcing "we're going to make pup cakes!" I love her cute way of talking. She is the ring leader wherever she is. Ava is a take charge girl, and I love her big brown eyes.

I am very sad and lonely for these little people tonight! I am glad that families are forever. It makes being far away just a little more bearable. I had such a great time with all of you!

6 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

How sweet and precious. Today at church a family sat in front of me with a two week baby girl and she made little squeeks also, they were so cute! I miss that.

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

Congratulations on the new addition - glad you were able to be there for the birth! We just had one of our sons and his family visit from Washington - got to see their newest addition for the third time since he was born in June. Gotta make those memories & hugs & kisses last until the next visit, don't we???!

Bob and Becky said...

Felicidades de Mexico Grammy Karla.
Cannon looks like a handsome addition to your handful of grandkids. I am so glad you were able to be there for his special arrival and that Katie and family are adjusting well.

Allan and Diane said...

He's a cutie alright!! I can't wait to see our soon-to-be grandson and hope the technology holds out for his arrival.

Bethany said...

They are all so adorable!

Alice Faye said...

Aren't grandkids the best? It sounds like this one has stolen your heart right along with the others.