Monday, October 19, 2009

The Band Competition

As I stated in my previous post, we made the journey to Thatcher for Nick's band competition. The competition was held at Eastern Arizona College. This is a small 2-year school. I mean SMALL! Smaller than Snow College even. It looked like a high school campus. Nice stadium, but only with seats on one side of the track. Ladies and Gentleman, the Cortez High School Marching Band takes the field!
They played some fun "disco" tunes from the 70s this year.
A very serious snare player on the end.
And....finished.
The kids were thrilled with their rating of "superior" which means the get to go to the state competition in November. Way to go, Nick!

3 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

It's hard to believe you are still in the band competition decade!! That seems like so long ago for me but I have such fun and fond memories of the kids preforming. Way to go Nick!

Alice Faye said...

We went through several years of band competitions and I loved them. That is the one thing I miss about my kids being out of high school. (That's about the only thing I miss--excpt for my kids being at home!!)

heidi said...

sounds like fun.
glad that they did so well.
the best part of high school was being involved in things like this.