Sunday, November 22, 2009

DON"T TEXT while...

...driving, of course. We all know that; but I had a new experience yesterday and thought I better share so that others will not make the same mistake.

So my mistake was this: I was walking through the garage to get in the car. We were going to a movie. I needed to get to the passenger side because Rod was driving. The garage door was going up, and I was walking and texting to Becca when BAM! I slammed my forehead into the metal rim on the bottom of the door as it was going up. Rod hear the crunchy collision and said "What was that??" When I sheepishly said "OUCH!" and rubbed my forehead, he just shook his head. It really hurt, and I asked if I was bleeding...

I felt really stupid, needless to say. And no, that is not my forehead, and I did not get cut or have to get stitches. I just have a big bruise. (and some hurt pride)

But I do think there should be a law against texting and walking. Just think of the things you could run into!

Anybody else ever do something like that while texting?

6 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

That picture made me queezie. I have stepped off the porch step not knowing it while texting and fell down a couple of steps. Texting is so addicting. Hope your head feels better soon.

Unknown said...

I seriously almost had a heart attack thinking that was your forehead with stitches! So sorry about your bump but glad you didn't get a BIG cut!

julie said...

Hahaha! I can picture it all very clearly :) But I don't think I have ever been injured while texting. Maybe you are just getting too old to multi-task while texting? Love you

Janet said...

So glad you were not hurt worse.

Bethany said...

Poor Karla! I bet your bruise looked really cute at church today:) Maybe it's a good thing I don't own a cell phone:)

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

Sorry to hear about your bruised head and ego! Glad it wasn't worse. My boss stepped off a curb while texting and broke his foot. He had to be off it for 8 (EIGHT!) weeks! Ouch! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!