Sunday, November 14, 2010

Painting the House...

So Rod took some vacation days at the end of October to paint the outside of our house. It was looking pretty ragged to us, and we had planned this for several months. All week long, he prepped. He sanded, scraped and caulked. On Thursday, I took a day off to help with the actual painting.
I was in charge of masking. I could hardly stay ahead of the painter! I had forgotten how much time it takes to mask! And then it's up the ladder, down the ladder, up the ladder, down the ladder. I was EXHAUSTED at the end of the day!
The security door and the front porch light took the most time! Rod was in charge of the spray painter. He did a fantastic job, too! We picked a light color for the main part of the house, and then a muted terra cotta color for the trim. I think the colors look great with the brick!This was a huge job, and I was worried that we would not finish.
Actually, we didn't finish that day. We only got 3 sides done. We had to go back to work on Friday, so finished up the last side of the house on Saturday (the front). It was really hard work to get this job done. You know how much I love Halloween - - I was too pooped to even dress up for the Trunk or Treat at the church that night. I didn't even take my camera to take pictures :( Rod is still working on finishing the trim. He comes home every night after work and does just a little bit. Should be all finished up this week. Thanks, Honey! The house looks beautiful!!

5 comments:

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

I am totally impressed!!! Nice job TEAM!

Unknown said...

Good job! Just make sure you are done before we get there HA HA

Bethany said...

You guys did do a great job! Such good workers, you two!

Diane and Allan said...

Wow, what a lot of work. You were ALWAYS quite the painter as I do remember from our many rental projects!! yuk The house looks great--congrats!

Janet said...

karla it looks really good!