Thursday, October 05, 2006

October Fun

I love October! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and it is still fall (my favorite time of year). I love the traditions: the colors, the smells, the decorations, the costumes, dinner in a pumpkin, homemade chili and frenchbread before trick or treating, the scary and fun things, all of it! We always make our napkin ghosts (we call them ghosties) and hang them all over the house. I have this wonderful witch that always comes out of hiding to occupy her place on the table and I keep the treats out and available. We started off with lots of candy bars during conference (October 1st) so it would be somewhat enjoyable for the kids while they hopefully got some spiritual tidbits while listening to the Sunday sessions. We also had a "conference cake" we nibbled on (very chocolatey, of course). I sent all of my grandkids and grown children that live out of the home a little October present: decorations, socks and cards. I love to wear fun socks, so I decided to start a collection for all the girls. I had so much fun putting that all together and I found some really cute cards to send them. Hope they all know how much I love them! I wish they could all be here for Halloween. We could have such a great party! Oh, well . . . hopefully they are making their own fun traditions.

No comments: