Thursday, April 26, 2007

"Ditch Day"

Tuesday, I did a very random thing. I decided not to wake the kids up for school, I called in to work to use a discretionary day, and we ditched work and school. It was a totally beautiful day! I had been wanting to do this for several weeks. We went to Rondaleen's over in Sun City and she took us on a miniature golf tour. It was so much fun!
Rondaleen is definitely the expert and beat us all hands down.
We had a great lunch at Furr's Cafeteria (yes, this is an old folk's cafeteria, but the kids loved it). I also got the kids' bathroom painted and the shower curtain up. They can now officially use their bathroom again. Yea! The only down side is that I am so dang sun-sensitive; I absolutely ROASTED my arms. I was in serious pain when I went to bed Tuesday night. I wore long sleeves Wednesday so my sunburn would not show at work. The tops of my feet were also slightly lobsterized. But it was worth it. Rod was too dedicated to take a "Ditch Day" so he went to work. He missed out! I think I will make this an annual tradition. It was really fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You should have started that when I was at home still:)

Allan and Diane said...

what a darn good idea--looks like you had so much fun. You are so lucky to still have kids at home to enjoy. It seems like an eternity ago......
Oh that Rondaleen--what a great time you two must have together. Tell her HI for me.