Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Airport, Rain, Birthday

Sunday night we had to pick Becca up at the airport. Her flight was late, of course. It was late leaving on Friday, too. The delays get old... Anyway, there was this big rush of people trying to get out after the Superbowl, so I took some shots of the line at the security checkpoint while we waited for Becca to land.

Monday, it rained and I just love the rainy sky. There was a wonderful rainbow and the sunset colored the clouds with pastel shades. This is what it looked like up over my house about 5:30.

After I painted the pantry we, went to Becca's future freshman night at 6:30 at Centennial High School. Rod met us there. We really enjoyed the presentations and Becca is very excited about high school next year. She knows exactly what she wants to do and will be pursuing a nursing career with the help of the CTE department on her campus.

We then took our goofy kids to the Texas Roadhouse Grill for a prime rib dinner for Rod's Birthday. I had them scrunch together so I could get a picture. Aren't they cute teens? I hope that light above Becca's head is not a thought bubble . . . Bud Light? She's gotta have better stuff coming out of that little brain than that!Here is the Birthday Boy riding the saddle. He was not too thrilled that we let them know it was his birthday, but he was a good sport and we all had a great dinner and a good time together. I really love my family. And times like this are treasured memories. It was fun to spend the evening together.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That bud light sign coming out of Beccas head is hilarious!

julie said...

Happy Birthday Rod! Glad that you had a fun night. I can't believe our little doobie is going to be in high school! I remember her first day of Kindergarten, she was a cute little 5 year old and now she is a beautiful 14 year old. I am lucky to have such an awesome little sister!

Janet said...

Becca good for you. To have a goal is the most important step in obtaining it. How old is Rod? The pantry project is impressive. How do you find time to do everything? Your AZ neighborhood looks beautiful and warm.

Sarah MomE25 said...

Happy Late Birthday Uncle Rod. Hi Aunt Karla.
I have a blog on here too, in case you guys would like to check it out.
http://cakesbysarah.blogspot.com/