Saturday, February 02, 2008

Pursuing the Panty Project

Our rotating shelves arrived this week, all boxed up. So today was the day to begin the pantry project.
Here is the pantry, the way it looked when I started. I had to move ALL this stuff: cans, boxes, paper stuff, drinks, pasta, flour, sugar, emergency packs, holiday decorations, etc. etc.
This is how the pantry looked when It was emptied out! This pantry was a major selling point for this house because you cannot store food stuffs in the garage in AZ. It just gets too hot!
This is how my kitchen table and one corner of the kitchen looked after I emptied the pantry out. This is how part of the garage floor looked. I had to get Nick to help with the high shelves so I would be done in time for to sit down and watch President Hinckley's funeral on the internet. Thanks for your help, Nick! Just as the funeral ended, Rod got home from work.
When Rod saw that I had kept my promise to empty the pantry, he started right in on taking out the shelves. He sent me to Home Depot (more than once!) to get sheet rock mud, tools, and paint so we could fix the walls before we put our new shelves in.
The walls looked pretty bad once the shelves were removed so...

Sheet rock mud to cover the lines. It stays pink until it dries, then turns white. Pretty cool! While the mud was drying we snuck away to the Chocolate Festival and then had dinner at the Golden Corral. Believe it or not, they have some really good food at this one - Black Angus fillet mignon. It was melt-in-your mouth tender and I love their mashed potatoes.

This is how the stripes look after we textured them when we got back from the Chocolate Festival and dinner. Now we have to let that dry, put on primer, and paint. I'll keep you posted on the rest of the project. Guess it will have to wait until Monday though. I just hope I don't go crazy with pantry stuff everywhere!

3 comments:

julie said...

You probably will go crazy with all that stuff everywhere! I know how you like order. I think even I would go crazy in that mess, and you know that my messy standards are definitely not has high as yours! It's a good thing you and Rod are both highly motivated people and will get everything put back together pretty fast!

Kori said...

Such ambition! Oh, how I need a little pantry project of my own. The task is just too daunting right now. Maybe in another few weeks or something!

The Skinners said...

I love cleaning out things when I have the time, but because I dont have the time, my house has turned so cluttery lately... Im jealous of your little project!