Saturday, April 12, 2008

10 Things I Love About Losing 10 Lbs...

One month ago I decided I needed to get a grip and do something about my physical health. Katie and Julie motivated me to join Weight Watchers Online and I have loved it! I have always imagined the extra weight I carried around as 10 pound bags of sugar . . . 4 of them! I can now celebrate that I am no longer packing this one around! Here are 10 things I love about losing 10 pounds:
  1. I can bend over to buckle the straps on my shoes and still breathe.
  2. I can now wear my navy blue skirt again.
  3. I no longer have to use lotion to take my rings off.
  4. My "big pants" are now baggy!
  5. My face and neck look thinner to me.
  6. Most of it came off my "tummy."
  7. My heart does not have to work as hard when I walk or hike.
  8. My watch band is no longer so snug that it makes a mark around my arm.
  9. I have to fasten my bra on the tightest hook so it won't slide up!
  10. I do not dread weighing myself.

14 comments:

julie said...

That is awesome! I love losing 10 pounds too. I am starting to feel more and more like my "old" self again. Miss you and love you1

Rachell's Place said...

Awesome! I'm so glad to hear that the diet is working. I have a problem sticking with anything. I like food to much, lol!

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you mom. It seems like a slow process right now but I know it is worth it and doing it healthy and slow will keep it off.

Sarah MomE25 said...

When I lost 5 lbs. after having Emery. I was so excited, and screamed loudly, "I lost five pounds!" Robbie, who was 2 at the time, came running in and said, "Dont worry Mom, Ill help you find it."It was so funny.
It is amazing how just 5-10 lbs, can make such a difference.
Congratulations!

Tricia said...

What a great accomplishment! Congrats.

Janet said...

Wow! Keep up the good work. Very motivating.

Allan and Diane said...

GOOD FOR YOU GIRL--I ALWAYS THOUGHT WEIGHT WATCHERS WAS THE BEST AND HEALTHY WAY TO CHANGE EATING HABITS --AND NOT STARVE TO DEATH IN THE MEANTIME. CONGRATULATIONS. LIVING IN INDIA MAY BE LIKE BEING ON A FORM OF WEIGHT WATCHERS (NOT BY CHOICE)

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

You are so AWESOME!!!! I loved the analogy with the sugar! Losing this 10 pounds is certainly motivation for continuing your quest. Isn't it nice to get the momentum going???!!!! I think the hardest part is deciding to do it and taking the first step! Keep up the great/awesome work and keep us posted on how you are doing. I love your blogs! Kathy in Maricopa

Kori said...

You go girl! I can hardly wait to start working toward my pre-pregnancy weight. And doesn't it just feel good knowing you are taking care of yourself?!

Chris Grover said...

that really is sooo awesome! you have so much to be proud of! i'm sure there are a million other reasons you could list too! congrats!!

Nikki said...

Nice work! I am very impressed - losing weight is hard and you should be VERY proud.

Alice Faye said...

Amy and I are about to join you. I have been waiting for her to come home from Korea to start a good exercise-diet program. She said she would the second week after she got to eat at all her favorite American resturants. I plan on being a few pounds thinner when I come to Utah in July. I hope you are there so we can compare our "thinner" selves. Can't wait!!!

Sarah MomE25 said...

In the past few weeks I think I've gained about what you lost. Lol. I posted a picture on my blog finally.

Patty said...

Karla, that is wonderful. Weight Watchers really is a good program. At the moment I am going back up. I need to get with it. I started out on the internet but decided I'd better go to the meetings to stay motivated. I lost 14 pounds. I'm now a life member but I need to get back with the program. I hope you'll share the foods that have helped you. Keep up the what you are doing.