Monday, August 11, 2008

The First Day of School at Cordova Middle

These kids all missed their busses today. They had to wait in the office for someone to pick them up. The poor little girl on the right was crying her eyes out, just sobbing! I felt so sad for her.

Sheri and Tina are the receptionists for the Middle and Primary schools respectively. They are both so sweet. I work with some really nice ladies. Last week one of them said, "you have fit in so well - it seems like you have always been here." I'm so glad I have worked in the world of schools before. It made it really easy for me to just step in and get to work. It seems like everyone comes to me for answers to their questions. I pretty much can fake my way through about anything because they think I really know! hee-hee

Mr. Gunn had cookies and milk for the teachers after school the first day so they could discuss all the things that happened. They seemed to enjoy it. We have a really great faculty at Cordova. I am so happy with my new job. It has been way busy, but that will eventually wear off once I can get caught up, learn the proceedures of the Alhambra District, and get organized. I love all of the people! And I love being at the elementary/middle school level. The kids are great.

The kids are all on their way to the bus bay. They look very sharp in the uniforms. I have always liked the idea of uniforms for school.

These two princesses were very happy to have me snap their picture. Aren't they cute?

8 comments:

Kori said...

Good for you! Enjoying your job makes life so much easier.

Unknown said...

looks busy and exciting- I am glad you are liking it!

julie said...

How fun! I remember always looking forward to the first day of school. And I am actually looking forward to it this year too! My first day of school is on my Birthday too! Never would have guessed that I would spend my 27th siting in class all day:) I am just happy for second chances and feel very blessed to be a student again. I am so glad that you are enjoying your new school.

Bethany said...

Yay, I'm glad you like your new job. I think you'd fit in anywhere, though!

Good luck with it, and I hope it continues to go well!

Janet said...

Do you have an opening in the lunch program? Real estate is really killing me.

Rachell's Place said...

It looks like you are having a good time :)

Allan and Diane said...

Wow- it seems early for the first day of school. Are you the school sec??Hope so=that is your expertise! Looks like a fun place to work. Don't you love the little kids? I still have some nostalgia.

Chris Grover said...

i didn't even know that you were working at a new school! it looks like a great place with great people! it must be, if you are working there! good luck and hope you continue to enjoy it!