Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy 2009

Well, it's a new year. We decided to give our kids a trip to Disneyland for Christmas, so we spent the 30th and the 31st there. Just let me tell you that they threw one heck of a New Year's Eve party! I have never seen so many people packed into in one place in my life! I got a little claustrophobic. You couldn't even walk down Main Street. You just had to go with the wave of people.
It was fun to see Becca and Nick try on the fun hats. They are cute kids.
We went on Space Mountain (several times). The first ride was amazing. As we slowed to the finish, they forgot to stop our car and we got to ride again without waiting! Becca and Nick were so happy about that. I was a little apprehensive. I had survived the ride, but would I survive a second round without a little break??? Actually I really got in to it. I even had my arms up! I am behind Becca.
Day two - I did it again. I went on Space Mountain with the kids. I was just glad to be done with that one. My favorite ride is Soaring Over California. That was really fun and we did it both days!
I think my favorite part of this trip was the Parade. It was so colorful, with really neat Christmas songs and floats. Lots of dancing characters. It was so beautiful!
Becca and I tried to pull the Sword out of the stone.

We had two fun filled days. We got to go on all the attractions we like and did not have to wait in very long lines because we got there early, and the we used the "fast pass" on some of the rides. We didn't even have to wait when we did that. As an added bonus, we ran in to the Wheelers while we were there the second day! We enjoyed having a nice dinner in the park at New Orleans Square with friends from home. The fire works were also amazing! This was a great way to bring in the new year, and we will all remember this trip - I think more than any presents we would have gotten.

2 comments:

julie said...

Looks like so much fun! I loved the fireworks when we where there in November. Next time we will have to go with you guys!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to take my kids in the Spring- what a fun place. You guys must be true fans to go twice in a year:)