Saturday, February 28, 2009

ATTUTUDE is EVERYTHING!

As I came to work on Monday this week, there was a really nice letter on my desk from my principal. This is what it said:
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. the remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, an d that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10%F what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our Attitudes." ----Charles R. Swindoll
I loved this quote and I have thought about it all week long. I really belive in the power of positive thinking. I have always tried to be upbeat - not perfect at it - but I know that we can find the joy in life if we look for it.

4 comments:

Kori said...

I love this quote! Hope you don't mind if I use it, too. I couldn't agree more.

Alice Faye said...

I have been out of town and just caught up on your blog. I can just hear you laughing with your girls. I think I have grown too serious lately and I need to laugh more, especially with my girls-at least the ones I get to see. I called your Dad on his birthday but I imagine he was at his party. Wish I could have been there. Some day, I hope!!

Allan and Diane said...

Loved that post about attitude. You HAVE ALWAYS been a positive person, even in the midst of havoc. I admire that in you. At the end of a crapy day, it is most always connected to my bad attitude. So that's a good thing to pray for during morning prayers.

Patty said...

Thanks for sharing that quote it is a great reminder of how important our attitude is.
I agree you are always uplifting others. What a special blessing you are to so many.