Friday, April 16, 2010

Yummy!

Behold: my latest culinary experiment. Rod and I went to the Cheesecake Factory last Saturday night. I ordered the B-B-Q chicken salad. It was so good, that I wanted to try making it at home
.
For the BBQ Ranch dressing I just mixed 1/2 ranch and 1/2 BBQ sauce. Toss it with chopped romaine lettuce (about 8 cups), 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, 1 can black beans, one large tomato chopped, 1 large avocado cut in 1" pieces and some BBQ chicken. I separated it into 4 large salad/pasta bowls and then garnished with a row of corn, a row of beans, a row of tomatoes, a row of avocado, and a row of BBQ chicken. Then drizzled a little more BBQ sauce on the chicken. Viola!
To make the BBQ chicken, I just cut up 2 very large chicken breasts and sauteed in a pan, then added BBQ sauce. I was very easy. I did reserve some of the corn, beans, etc. for the garnishments. It was delicious! Rod and Becca loved it. Becca even said, "mom, you should make this again!" This is my child that does not eat much salad.
I will make it again - it was quick easy, delicious and nutritious!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

You can bring some over anytime! :)