Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Hangin' with the clan

 Over Memorial Day weekend, we traveled to the SLC area in Utah. We had such a fun trip! We left Thursday night after work and went to Kanab to stay. We then got up at our leisure and headed up the 89. We decided to take the scenic route: HWY 14 that has amazing lookout points of Zion's Nat'l Park. I could not BELIEVE how much snow was still in the mountains.
We stopped for pictures, but not where there was so much snow that we could not safely pull off.
It was a beautiful sight, but the snow by the road was DIRTY - that is the time of year I really don't miss the snow! And may I just say, have you ever seen a more beautiful blue sky? Ever?
We arrived on Friday afternoon and were delighted with our wonderful welcoming committee that was waiting with lots of squeals, open arms and kid hugs! Oh, how I miss those grandkiddies. Then Rod took off to spend some time with Eric while I got busy with helping get ready for a baby shower for my niece, Heidi. This is her first baby, and we have waited with great excitement for this wonderful addition to our family. All but two of the Harris girls were there!
My darling niece, Krista, and my sister Janet.

Three of my nieces: Holly, DeLayne, and the guest of honor, Heidi. Holly used to live in AZ in Gilbert. I miss her so much! We did enjoy getting together once in a while for birthdays and holidays.



I always love seeing my sisters, LaRue and Janet. They are two of my favorite people!
We had such wonderful food! Nikki and her mom (my sister Janet) and Katie made some incredible salads.

Of course, I wanted to show this pic cause it features Katie's darling kids.
 Janet made all of the darling decorations. I have always loved her creativity and her ability to make cute stuff no matter what the occasion.

Sister-in-law, Kelly, with her grandbaby, Hydee.

Heidi got so many cute presents! This will definitely be the best dressed baby girl in all of Garden City.


Nikki and Linzy. Can you believe how beautiful they are??

Fantastic Red Velvet cupcakes. I knew Nikki would do cupcakes! She loves them! Seriously, they melt in your mouth.


Linzy, DeLayne and Nichole. Linzy and Nichole came all the way from Alaska - but not just for the baby shower. My sister, LaRue had a special wedding celebration that we all attended the next day.
This was a stellar baby shower! I wish I had taken more pics because I don't have one of everybody that was there! We talked, we cried, we laughed, and we caught up with one another. There is nowhere we have more fun than when we have a "Harris Girls' Night Out!" The love and support we have with each other is something I keep as a precious treasure in my heart.  I love my daughters, my sisters, my nieces ( in-laws and out-laws a like) and all their kids!- Family is everything!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a blast! The best part is you were HERE!

The Skinners said...

you are right! The HARRIS girls are the best and I am lucky to be a part of such an awesome family!!!