Monday, June 20, 2011

A Trip to Dallas

My last day of work for the school year was June 9th. On the morning of the 10th we hopped on a plane and flew to Dallas for Rachell's wedding. We arrived late afternoon/early evening, got our little red rental car and found our hotel. Because we had no plans, we decided to make our own fun. We went to West End Dallas and found a Spaghetti Warehouse. We decided to have dinner there for my birthday. It was a huge platter of many kinds of pasta - a wonderful dinner for two that included salad and dessert. That was great fun.
Happy 56th to me.

Rod loves pasta as much as I do!
The next morning we went to the Dallas Holocaust Museum - a very sobering experience. I think one must be there to experience the full impact of what is there, but I will post a few pics.






The most disturbing things to me were the photos of the children. So many innocent people died under horrendous circumstances at the concentration camps. This place is a very well done memorial. I am glad we got to see it and experience it. It is difficult to express how it made me feel, but I am so thankful for our freedom of religion. It is sad to me that persecution of any kind still exists in our world.

We also saw the Texas School Book Depository where Oswald shot Kennedy. A very interesting scenario there. I don't think we will every have the full story on that one.

X marks the spot

6th floor window on the right is where Oswald was located.

Seems impossible that he could have hit Kennedy from the front from this angle. Surely there was someone across the street on the grassy knoll that was involved. After seeing this, that is my opinion.
The wedding was in the afternoon, so we made our way to the Dallas Temple. The reception was later in the evening in Allen.

Happy Bride and Groom

Dad with his beautiful bride-daughter

Groom's cake was unusual, and very cute. Look at the tuxedo strawberries.

Swing dancin' couple on the Groom's Cake

The bride and groom have their first dance as husband and wife. I loved Rachell's red sash.

Cutting the cake.



No comments: