Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My Sister, LaRue

LaRue, Brent, and their grandson, baby Trey. This weekend we got to see my older sister, LaRue. She and Brent were in AZ visiting her daughter, Holly. Morrie, Holly's husband, is a dentist and he was doing some major work on Brent's teeth. LaRue has had a major impact on my life. She is eight years older than I, and she has always been one of my idols. I can remember that as a very little girl, she would make me stand on the toilet while she played with my curly hair. She would make me little lunches for my toy lunch box. LaRue was always very kind and good to me. At one time she even took me and my girls in when I needed a place to live, and she has always been very loving and supportive of me. I used to love watching her get ready for her dates, truly fascinated with the make-up, the hair, and the perfume. LaRue is an amazing artist, she plays the viola, and taught violin for several years. She is a wonderful cook and a dedicated wife, mother, grandmother and home-maker. She is in the process of writing and illustrating a children's book for her grandchildren. I can't wait to see the published product. LaRue is spiritual and giving. I love her so much and am blessed to have her as my sister.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love her too! It is so fun that you get to see her out there quite often.