Friday, September 01, 2006

Summer is Over

Here is the Cortez High School Pep Band. On game days, the go out in the common area before school and play the fight song. Go Cortez! This is from a hike we took up Logan Canyon a couple of years ago. The leaves were beautiful!!! For some reason I am obsessed with the fact that it is September 1 today. For me that means that summer is OVER for the year. I even brought my camera to school today and have been taking photos of happenings on campus. I am looking forward to temepratures going down. The kids are back in school, I am back at work and have been for 5 weeks, and the monsoon season is retreating. I guess the main thing is that I am so looking forward to the FALL. It is my favorite season! I love the cloudy skies, magnificent sunsets, the smell of the fall leaves (we really don't get many of those in the Phoenix area so we will have to go for some drives), I LOVE HALLOWEEN, and I really love the crisp air - especially in the mornings. I am looking forward to our fall break and the trip to Disneyland we have planned. I am already looking forward to Thanksgiving and having family come and visit. I love making soups and chili and bread in the fall. And baking cookies. The fall colors have this certain effect on me - it is almost spiritual and I feel the divine powers around us. Truly it is a miracle the way the seasons come and go - it is just one more manifestation of the power of God in this world and in our lives.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Fall too. I love the cool evenings when we can sit outside for hours while the kids play.