Wednesday, August 15, 2007

School begins

Don't they look cute for their first day of school?
Becca got a cute new haircut with layers,
and Nick got his much shorter with highlights.
Monday, August 13th, was the first day of school for this year. Nick and Becca looked so cute, and I think they were ready to go back. You know, that summer boredom sets in at the end of the season and they kids are looking for something to do. I don't think they consider school the thing they are look for, but it seems to help get rid of the "I don't have anything to do" mentality. Becca wishes her favorite friends were in her block. She was a little sad last night over the class divisions. I hope she can still have a great 8th grade year. Nick is already involved with 6:30 AM drum line practices and is missing Seminary to do that. He did some home study sessions last year so he could get credit. I'm not sure how we will handle it this year. There is a group of Cortez students that meet one night a week to make up their Seminary. Maybe we will do that....
The first day of school at work was very busy and hectic with those who waited until the last minute to register for school. Why do people do that? The first thing I did when I moved here was get my kids registered for school! And I didn't wait until school had started.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute kids!! School begins here on the 29th of August. I hope it will be a great year for all of our youngsters!!

julie said...

They look so cute! I can't believe Becca is in 8th grade, I remember her first day of Kindergarten. She was such a cute 5 year old, I miss my little Doobie.