Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Birthday Girl

26 years ago today, I received an unprecedented gift of joy in my life - my second beautiful daughter, Julie. She was without a doubt the most cheerful baby ever. And she was so darling, people would stop me in the store and say "What a beautiful baby! She looks just like a doll you would buy at Pennies." Her golden curls, blue eyes, and infectious smile won over every one that was lucky enough to see her. How can I ever express proper gratitude for the privilege of being her mother? Her first birthday cake had her nickname "Boogee" written on the side. (pronounced boo-GEE) She was such a barrel of laughs and had such exuberance! She would be smiling even though she couldn't keep her eyes open when I would get her up in the mornings. When Julie turned 6, she had a Barbie theme birthday. She received 6 or 7 Barbies as gifts. She was certainly the queen of Barbies that year. I also made her a big cake that had a frosting Barbie face on it. I used to get quite a buzz out of doing fancy cakes for the girls' birthdays. This birthday we had a house with a pool, and her 7th birthday party was a big SPLASH! One of my most memorable experiences with Julie was when she allowed me to be present at Ava's birth. It is a treasured memory. It reminded me of her birth and how happy I was to have a precious baby girl to teach and love. Julie lived in California and I lived in Utah. I flew out to Long Beach before she was to go to the hospital. She picked me up at the airport and we spent the day making those last minute preparations before Ava was born. Julie and Ava were in Utah when Ava was blessed. Here is a picture of Julie taken when she, Katie and their darling children came to Phoenix to visit. She is a beautiful woman, of whom I am very proud. She works very hard to provide a living for herself and her daughter. She is a wonderful example of doing what is right, even though it may not always be the easy way. I love you so much, Julie! Happy, Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Man she had some blonde hair!

Chris Grover said...

You have a lot to be proud of! What a special girl!

Allan and Diane said...

Oh, how I remember that little babe Julie. She did have frosted hair when she was born--that I do remember vividly! What a joy it has been to watch her grow up and now to watch her work so hard to be a good little mom. Bust your buttons with pride Mom!

Amy said...

we had such a good time at Julie's birthday dinner the other night. it's too bad you weren't here to come along of course the conversation, true to form, would have made you blush.