Sunday, September 02, 2007

This Little Piggy Went Wii, Wii, Wii...

Do these two look excited or what!?

Nick has been saving his money for a specific goal. He asked everyone to give him money for his birthday. He has been saving allowances too, and he got Becca to go in with him to buy a Nintendo Wii. (I keep a special savings account for her money just for things like this.) When we were at WalMart yesterday, the kids went to the electronics department. They reported there was one Wii left. They convinced me they just had to have it. Actually I have been wanting them to have one, too. It is really an amazing and fun game system. So we went home, got Nick's money, transferred Becca's money to the debit account and went back to make the big purchase. They also got another set of controls so they could play the games together. They literally danced back to the car and when we got home, they got it unpackaged. I don't think it has been off since (except for a brief rest during sleep time and church today). I think this has been as exciting as Christmas!

Nick is bowling. He actually is the best at the Baseball and Tennis.

Now Becca is bowling. She owns the bowling game.

They are boxing here. Becca is pretty darned good at throwing those punches. It is so much fun to watch these two play. They actually got me to do the bowling and tennis with them. It is really a fun activity, and I am so glad we are able to enjoy things like this together.

I truly could not ask for two better teenagers. They are so much fun. There was just one catch to the whole Wii thing, though. If I took them back to the store and helped them get the Wii, I made them promise to go on a hike tomorrow for a family activity with no complaining. They both agreed instantly. I will report back on how this goes. Becca wants me to include that they are now saving their money to get Metroid Prime III Corruption, whatever that is! (It sounds questionable to me!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is fun to play. I am good at the tennis.

Chris Grover said...

WE too love the Wii!!

Allan and Diane said...

Oh I also got introduced to the Wii by my 6yr old grandson Jake. Of course he blistered me in tennis--these kids!! Your kids looked like they are totally into it--easy to be though. Actually good exercise for body and mind.