Friday, April 17, 2009

Darn the luck!

So last week, Rod and I were shopping at Costco at the mall down on Montebello. We came out to put our stuff in the trunk and discovered that someone had hit our back bumper. No note - just a nice ding. Thursday night when I finally got home from making a visit, the garage would not open. Becca ran out and said that the door had crashed down when I left. She said the chain on the opener was hanging down. Yes, it was totally broken. I was staying up rather late and kind of fuming over stuff when I noticed that the washer was was making a really odd noise. I went in and lifted the lid - BLACK smoke rolled out - STINKY black smoke. I had to get a fan to blow it out. Rod had to prop open the garage door with a ladder so the smoke had somewhere to go. Now we have to get a new washer. The motor is completely burned up. They say that bad things come in threes. Hopefully that is ALL.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish I could have given you my old washer- So sorry! Things have to look up now right- oh, and I wish we were at your house for Sunday dinners. My dinners haven't been much to brag about lately.

heidi said...

that is some bad luck.
i hope that thing get better from here.
just look at it this way, at least you have an excuse to uy something new.

Kori said...

Ouch! Those are 3 pretty rough things to have in one bunch. Good luck!