Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Long Live the Tradition

Thanks, Becca! You spurred me on to do our traditional Halloween Ghosties! I think I first started making these when Katie was just a little girl. We would get out the napkins, thread, and markers and go to town, making all different kinds of faces and hanging our ghosties all over the house. We got out our "Witchie Poo," too.
I have some cute fall decorations and it is always fun to put them out.
I have always loved to decorate for each season. I was being sort of a stick-in-the mud about it this year, but thanks to Becca, we got it done! I mean, who could resist it when she looks at you with those big blue eyes and says, "let's eat brownies and make ghosties, Mom."
Even though it was 104 today, it is fall. Eeeeee hee hee hee heee!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We made some ghosties for FHE on Monday night. I don't have the energy to do much else "fall" decorating around here.

Bob and Becky said...

I have fond memories of your home in Corcoran haunted by little white ghosties....mine never turned out quite as good....maybe I'll try them out here in Mexico....We do celebrate the day of the dead....scary, huh!

Allan and Diane said...

Thanks for reminding me of those wonderful "fall" memories from our former life. I too remember how fun fall decorating was. I was nice to give up the HOT Corcoran summer days for October. Not quite the same here in Bangalore--but I did make an apple pie. Does that count?

julie said...

We decorated for Halloween on Sunday night! I was pretty proud of myself. We even have spider webs on the mirror! Ava is pretty excited about all the fun decorations so it was worth doing :) Can't wait to see you on Saturday!!!!

The Skinners said...

Oh how fun. I should do something fun for Halloween like that. CUTE!