Sunday, September 27, 2009

Monster German Pancake!

Saturday we had a special "reward" breakfast for all the ladies in our Ward that read or listened to all of the conference talks from last April sometime during the past 6 months. It was a fun challenge and the breakfast was so yummy! I hope that more will accept this challenge after this conference coming up next weekend, 'cause we are going to do a breakfast again.
I decided to make my crock pot breakfast casserole and a German pancake. I doubled the recipes for both. I baked the German pancake in a larger pan, thinking it would be okay. When I opened my oven door, I thought "how in the HECK and I going to get this thing out??" It was at least 4 or 5 inches above the edge of the pan! I mean it was overflowing BIG time. It was major "muffin top" overflow growing in there! There was nowhere I could take hold of the pan to get it out. I managed to slide it forward enough that I could get it from the bottom. It was a beautiful thing!Steaming hot, fragrant, fluffy, with a nice puddle of butter right in the middle. It was quite delicious served with plenty of syrup!It did shrink up as it cooled off, which made it more manageable. But it really took me by surprise when I opened the oven door!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SICK:)

Allan and Diane said...

Looks DARN tasty to me. Mine never looked that scrumptous!! What a fun R.S. activity good Pres.