Friday, July 20, 2007

PSSSSSST! Hairspray

As I mentioned yesterday, it was my turn to pick our vacation activity today, so I did have Rod take me to the matinee to see the new movie musical, Hairspray. He was such a good sport! He tolerated it pretty well. Just let me tell you, I loved it! Musicals are right up my alley. The music, singing, and dancing was incredible. John Travolta was hilarious. Michelle Pfeiffer can really sing! The new stars were amazing. Nicole Blonsky was an amazing singer and dancer, and she really shakes her stuff. The story was very predictable, but made important statements about controversial subjects. Bravo for all of us who are different in any way! I recommend this movie if you just want to sit back and be entertained the old fashioned way - by real talent.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see it!

Jamie and Family said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I too love muscals! I should take my mom to go see it.

You do such a good job keeping up your blog!! Fun to read!

Jamie