Monday, July 09, 2007

Yellowstone - one of the Seven Wonders

We started out our Yellowstone adventure by having a picnic near the river. We were starving. It was sooooooo cold that we actually had to move over to that table in the sun. Look at poor Becca! She was freezing. I think it was the cool breeze that really got to us Arizonans. We just aren't used to that. I took this picture of the river and didn't even see the sign down in the corner. Kind of a neat shot. My poor family. I made them stop at the Artist's Paint Pots. I just love that stuff! The more bubbling mud, active geysers and smelly steam, the better! It was a really neat walk and we saw lots of cool stuff. We then moved on to Yellowstone Falls and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. Nick and Becca are looking over the brink of the falls. There is a perpetual rainbow during the day as the spray from the falls catches the sunlight just right. It is so beautiful! ...and here I am with the Yellowstone River in the background. The roar of the falls is something that I enjoy hearing. They say that Yellowstone is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. It is easy to see why with all of the thermal activity there. But I think my naturally curly hair is also quite a wonder!! Ha, ha!

1 comment:

Chris Grover said...

What a FUN vacation! These are some beautiful pictures! Chris and I have been saying for years that we want to go to Yellowstone! Glad you had such a fantastic trip!