Thursday, July 19, 2007

Summer Movies

I just love to go to the movies! This summer there are so many exciting movies out and we have tried to see them all. It started out in May with Spiderman. We took our kids to this one, of course, and we all loved it. We then saw Oceans Thirteen in June. It was a good one! I also saw Ratatouille with my Grandkids. It was hilarious and very clever. On July 4th we took the kids to see Live Free or Die Hard. It was soooooo exciting! I loved the part where the kid says "you just took out a chopper with a car" and Bruce Willis gives his crooked grin and says "I was out of bullets." I laughed so hard... I just think it was funny that Bruce Willis was such a hard-butt cop with his bald head and with these dazzling white teeth. There were a couple of big bloopers with the makeup too, like he was all bloody and banged up with cuts and gashes all over his neck and face, and the next minute some of the injuries had miraculously healed, swelling, blood and all. But it was a great and entertaining movie. And of course, we saw Harry Potter the day it came out. In fact, I took the kids to the 12:01 AM showing. I was so mad that they would not let me wear my wizard hat and robe! I can't figure out why they think it would have been embarrassing! I think it looks pretty good. I just know I could have won the costume contest. Oh well . . . The movie was fantastic! I got to see it again Friday night with Rod. I don't know how they can do such great special effects. The plot for this one was very involved and I think they did a great job capturing the story. The Wizard's duel with all the death eaters and Dumbledor and the kids was so awesome! Lord Voldemort is a particularly sinister villain and I really love the Harry Potter books. Mr. Malfoy is also a great villain in this particular episode. I have the new book on order and it will be sent out the day it debuts. Can't wait to read it! We are on vacation this week, so we will see lots of movies. Here in the middle of the heat, going to the movies is a good way to stay cool. Yesterday, Rod and I saw Disturbia at the Dollar Theatre. It was scary but predictible. Nick recommended that one. Today we went to the matinee again and saw the Transformers. I LOVED that movie! It was amazing! I think it was my favorite move of the season. I liked it way more than I thought I would. (It had the same kid in it as Disturbia - he was after a cute girl in both movies!) I highly recommend seeing the Transformers! In fact I recommend all of them. The only one we haven't seen that I wanted to see was Shrek III. I also want to see Hairspray. (I love John Travolta. I think he is a versatile and very talented actor.) It is coming out tomorrow, and I think I will have Rod take me to the matinee again. It's my turn to pick! Ha!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't let you wear that costume either:) Ryans family said they loved Transformers too- one I would never think to go see. I can't wait to see Harry Potter though- I miss going with you guys.

julie said...

I would definitely have let you wear the costume! I haven't even seen as many movies in the last year, sounds like a fun, I miss you