Saturday, November 10, 2007

Becca's Birthday

Due to all the drama and business of last weekend, I did not post the things I wanted to about Becca and her birthday. So before a whole week past her birthday passes, I want to tell her how much I love her and what an incredible young lady she is. She was so excited to open her gifts, that she convinced me she should do it Friday before Nick went to his game so he could be there to see instead of waiting until Sunday. She said she would have such a boring weekend if she couldn't open her gifts NOW!

Hmmmmm. What could this be?

Becca tends to be very animated when she wants to for pictures.

She was trying to look very quizzical and puzzled about what this present would be.

Deep in her heart she really knew what it was!

It was her guitar Hero III game! She wanted it so badly!

We went to the Texas Roadhouse for her birthday dinner on Saturday night. Here she is pictured with Nick and Allen. Nick and Becca have acquired a taste for prime rib, so that is what they ordered. It was sensational! Becca sat on the birthday saddle and everyone in the restaurant gave her a big "Yeeeee Haaaaa!"

Here's my birthday girl with her cake. She asked for an ice cream cake, so we went to ColdStone and she picked a chocolate mint ice cream cake. It was fabulous! I think maybe the cake was the saving factor in the whole disastrous birthday dinner. You can read about that on my prior post "Ox in the Meyer." Let me just say that I hope I never have another dinner party like that!

Life is always interesting with Becca around. She has such a great sense of humor - always has - even when she was too young to have one. She is a tremendous example and leader in her Young Women's group. Her leaders adore her and the bishopric have all commented on what a sweet and genuine young lady she is. They all love her.

I love having her around, too! It is so fun to go for our evening walks. That is when she will open up and really talk to me. I treasure that time ... even though some nights I am just too worn out to go. I love hearing her play the guitar. Her talent amazes me. She is very supportive of my church calling and is quick to respond to little favors and tasks I ask her to perform. She is always sharing dramatic and hilarious stories about school at the dinner table. It makes our family life quite exciting to hear the latest escapades of the "Nerd Herd" and Becca and her friends. I am so thankful to have Becca in our family. She know I love her more than my luggage!

Here is Becca with McKaela and Mirium. They were the Jonas Brothers for Halloween.

Aren't they so cute!?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute jacket Becca:) Wish I could have some of that ice cream cake- mmmmmm. I love you.

Becca's Bologna said...

Thanks mom that was a great birthday even though my dinner was a disaster. haha

Chris Grover said...

I honestly can't believe Becca is growing up so much! I still picture her as a 3 year old! Looks like she had a great birthday! I hope so!