Monday, November 19, 2007

Today is somebody's birthday and I missed the Party!

Last night Katie called me and we talked for about 40 minutes. She said how ready she was to have her baby and that she just needed a couple more days to have everything ready at the house. It was so much fun to talk to her! While in a deep sleep my phone rang (3:30AM) It was Katie! She was rather excited, sort of crying. She said her water broke that she wasn't ready for this - she still had not done her laundry! I just laughed at her and told her to have her baby! I would get there as quick as I could and I would do her laundry! I laid back down and then it dawned on me what was happening. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I got online and got a ticket to Salt Lake. I was able to change the itinerary I had since July to fly to SLC the Friday after Thanksgiving to be there for Luka's birth. Rod took me to the airport for my 10:55 am departure, but I go there in time to make the 8:25 flight. I was sooooooo glad! But I was still too late. Julie kept calling me and giving me updates on the labor as we made our way through the Phoenix traffic. When she called and said Katie was dilated to 8 cm it was only like 7:15 AM. I knew there was no way I would be there and I got very sad. I have been present at the birth of all my grandbabies. Julie called again at like 7:30 and said "The party has started!" I knew for sure I would miss it, but I was on my way. My brother, Dave, picked me up and took me to LDS Hospital straight away. We found our way to the room and there was tiny (5 lb,14 oz) baby Luka in his little isolette. Katie was sitting up in bed as proud and pretty as a picture. She had a fast and fairly easy delivery. Ryan was so happy and excited about his new son. What a great event!
Cooper was so careful and sweet.
He was fascinated with Luka's little hands and face. Katie was so sweet as she helped Luka's brother and sister get to know him. Savannah was thrilled with her new brother and took charge right away.
They were delighted with his tiny toes.
Look at how baggy his knees are! Here is the whole family. Sweet baby Luka. Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Becca's Bologna said...

YAY! I am so excited he is here. I cant wait to come down tomorrow and meet him. Sorry you missed the party.

Jamie and Family said...

Thanks for the pics!!! Hooray, great job Katie!!

Kori said...

I can hardly believe he is here. I am so excited for everybody!

Chris Grover said...

Surprise! What a great surprise too! I'm so happy for you all! Luka is so precious! Guess he didn't want to miss Thanksgiving!

Rachel said...

Brodie and I are crying with excitement! We are so glad all went well. Give the Robinson's a BIG HUG from US!
Love, Rachel, Chad and boys!

Carly said...

He looks so sweet! We can't wait to hold him. I am glad you are there now, even if it was a little late.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Grandma! I'm so glad we were able to see you and cute little Luka. You have such beautiful family. We are so happy for all of you.