Monday, November 05, 2007

Tag - I'll play along

I have been "tagged" by Katie. I am supposed to list 3 things about me and then say what my favorite things are when it comes to the 5 senses.
Here are three facts about me:

I love to read books. I always have more than one book going, and if I don't, I feel rather panicky. I would rather read than watch TV (wonder where my kids get their love of reading?) In fact, when I read I zone out. My girls used to say, "Mom....Mom....KARLA!" in order to get my attention when I was focused on a book.
I love to hike and camp and bee outdoors. It has been so much fun hiking with Rod the last few years. And the hike I took a couple of weeks ago through the fall leaves with Katie, Julie and grandkids is absolutely one of my most favorite memories. Also the Christmas day hike that Rod and I did last year in the white tanks. I also fell in love with the Grand Canyon last summer - wonderful hikes there.
One of my favorite things is having company. I enjoy cooking, especially on weekends when I really have the time. And it is so much fun to have company and it is a good way to get to know people and make friends.
Sight: I love to see the sky - sunrise, sunset, clouds, rain, all of it. I really love seeing the beautiful array of colors that God uses in the sky. When I see a magnificent sunset, I know he loves me.
Hearing: The laughter of my husband, children and grandchildren - nothing better except when any of them say "I love you." The sound of thunder - one of my favorites! I love to hear good music like Chicago, Simon & Garfunkel, Mozart, Bach, Beethoven. I love the sound of the front door opening each night when I know that Rod will walk through it. I love the sound of Savannah's voice when she calls me on the phone.
Smell: Grandma Clark's house, of course! and babies necks. The smell of the desert plants after a good rain, the smell of Christmas, Hot chocolate, ginger snaps baking and homemade bread baking. I love good smelling lotion. I know this is rather twisted, but I love the smell of rubber cement, paint, and magic markers, too! There are so many wonderful smells, how could we ever do without our sense of smell! They say that smells can even trigger memories...
Touch: I savor the feel of Rod's hand in mine, or his hand on my knee when we are sitting close. I so enjoy the feel of those squirmy little bodies that house my beautiful grandchildren - there is nothing like hugging them. I love the feel of holding a new baby and just enjoying their warmth. I relish the feel of the piano keyboard under my hands as I play. I love the feel of new fabric when I am sewing (the smell too).
Taste: Hmmmm - I like the taste of just about everything, but if I had to narrow it down, my favorite would be really good salsa and chips (I mean I founder on that stuff when we eat out for Mexican food), then mint chocolate, then Ice Cream, then homemade soups, then pizza, then . . . well, I guess I better stop there because I could list HUNDREDS of tastes I love. ;o]
Now comes the fun part! I am tagging Diane (Asplund), Kim (yes, McNamara!), and Amy (fly on the wall). So go for it girls! Let's hear all about you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post. Can't wait to smell Lukas neck.