Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanks is Given!

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love the family togetherness and the tradition of all the wonderful food. I can remember many wonderful Thanksgiving dinners in my mom's kitchen, in my Aunt Rouvoe's basement with our cousins, and in my own home when I became the mom. My favorite Thanksgiving was in California when Katie came home from college. Just Katie, Julie, Becca and I were home. I fixed the whole big dinner with turkey, cranberry cloud salad, dressing, pies, orange rolls, the whole sha-bang. We had turned the dining room table into a calico bunny factory, making gifts for Katie's college room mates, so we moved the little red picnic table in to eat on. We lined up all the food on the counter and had ourselves a wonderful feast and a day of watching videos and having lots of fun together. Today I made Thanksgiving dinner for Katie, Ryan, Savannah, Cooper and Julie. Katie doesn't like turkey, and Ryan doesn't like ham - so we made a marvelous roast with all the trimmings. We had a great time together and enjoyed our new little baby, Luka.
He looks like a little chocolate chip! Last night, Cooper helped me make some wonderful golden graham s'more treats. Julie and Luka snoozing after dinner.
Ten things I am thankful for: 1. A wonderful and supportive husband that brings me more joy than I could ever dream of. 2. The gospel of Jesus Christ that gives my life so much purpose. 3. Three beautiful and sweet daughters that are filled with goodness. 4. Four of the most beautiful grand children on the entire earth. 5. Health. 6. Running water. 7. Electricity. 8. Food a-plenty. 9. The Internet (great way to stay in touch with family!). 10. Hiking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mom
I'm so thankful you are here, taking such great care of us. We are so lucky!