Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Who said parting is such sweet sorrow? They never had to leave a new grand child behind!

It was so hard to leave Katie & Ryan, Julie, Savannah, Cooper, and sweet Baby Luka. But I do get to go back on the 29th of December! I had such a wonderful time helping with our new baby. He is so precious. There is nothing like a new baby. I so enjoyed watching Savannah and Cooper as they became acquainted with their new brother. They were so sweet and tender. And protective. They listened to Katie as she explained about his soft spot, as she told them about his bottle and how to feed him, and how to support his back when they held him. They were grossed out by the yucky, dried out umbilical cord, but they were a very captive and attentive audience. They each stroked his cheeks and hair, handled his little hands and feet, and were enchanted by his sweet demeanor.
It was great to see how Ryan never left Katie’s
side as she spent extra days in the hospital.
They are an amazing couple.
I was so glad that I could stay with the other kids while they were in the hospital. We got to read a few stories and play LOTS of Bingo. Just let me tell you, Cooper LOVES to play Bingo. I loved making our special treats with Cooper, and coloring with Savannah. We had such a great time making our gingerbread house, too.
Julie has always loved the babies
and she is very much in love with this little guy.
It was fun to see her hold him, and cuddle and love him.
Ava was visiting her dad in CA, so we really missed her!
Even though I was so sad to go, I was homesick for my family at home. I really missed Rod, Becca and Nick while I was gone. It was quite an extended visit. Thankfully it was during a holiday, so I did not have to use vacation days for the whole visit. The day I had to leave, the tears started. Katie told me she was sad to see me go. And as they say in Steel Magnolias “I have a strict rule that no one cries alone in my presence.” So of course I shed a tear or two also. Now it is back to the normal old grindstone. But life is good and I must say that I am so happy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are counting the days until you can come again. Savannah asked today if when you visit you can go to her class and volunteer?