Thursday, December 25, 2008

Another Movie Review

This is all coming from seeing a movie this afternoon. I had so looked forward to this movie. 7 Pounds. The plot was such a mystery and all through the movie you were so draw in and trying to figure out where it was going. Let me tell you that for me it was a HUGE disappointment. I really love Will Smith, and I think he is an amazing actor. The acting was great, the filming was great. The story line, however, left a lot to be desired. Once again, Hollywood strikes. Is it okay to commit suicide? Is it okay if you are donating your body parts to people you feel deserve to live and would not live without your donation? Or the quality of their life would be vastly improved because of your donation? Certainly it is okay for the heroes to sleep with someone and break a commandment because they are caught up in the passion of the moment. Even though we know it is not right, it’s okay in the movie, right? How do they get away with making evil good? Certainly we, as the public, allow ourselves to participate or view things that we consider wrong and call it good entertainment. When I left that movie last night, I was so disappointed. I am tired of entertainment that touches the evil in the world and prods people to accept it as normal – as acceptable.

2 comments:

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

Thanks for the review Karla. That was a movie I thought I wanted to see but not anymore! Too bad this stuff becomes the norm instead of what we know is right. Satan sure has his hand in today's society!

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

We watched "Where the Red Fern Grows" last night. Now there's a great movie - even if it makes you cry like a baby!