Monday, December 08, 2008

A special gift...

A year ago, my dear friend, Rondaleen, asked us to reserve December 6th, 2008 on our calendar. She asked us if we would like to go to a concert with her. I thought "sure, it's a long way off, but we would love to go." All at once the day was here!
We were at the Jobing.com arena right here in Glendale - same complex where the Super Bowl was held last year. It is a beautiful place!
This is a shot of the people waiting in line to get in. There were numerous lines like this, snaking their way through the grounds.
Just to prove that we were really there - here she is - Celine Dion! It was such an amazing concert! She was incredible. The staging was creative and exciting. Her voice is so powerful and she performed with such emotion and energy. We had such a great time. Thanks, Rondaleen, for this wonderful gift! It will be long rememered as a stellar night!

6 comments:

julie said...

I am so jealous! I love Celine Dion. I bet the concert was amazing.

Janessa Couch said...

Wow, Rondaleen has not aged at all. She was such a wonderful teacher both at church and at school. For Christmas one year she made me a Christmas story book that had a story for the 25 days of Christmas. It is such a special book that I hold dear to my heart.

Celine Dion would be such a fun concert to go to. My friend went to it here in Portland and she said it was amazing.

Tricia said...

What an amazing night - Thanks for showing a picture of Rondaleen - SHe looks great!I have been thinking about her a lot lately - how fun that you live so close to see her often.

THanks for being such an amazing person also - I love reading about your family and your fun life. You have made such a huge impact on my life.

heidi said...

What a fun thing to get to look forward to! It looks like it was a blast!

Kelly said...

What an awesome experience for you. I would love to see Celine in concert!

Allan and Diane said...

Well what a fun date. Both Rondaleen and Celine in the same night. I'm sure you had a great time. Rondaleeen does look really happy--please tell her HI for me.