Friday, October 19, 2007

Am I Cupid ... or What?

Here's a little love story for you. I think it was in February of 2004, I had a wonderful reunion with a "long-lost cousin" - a cousin that shared my young childhood back in Rosepark. Dale Trimble. It was sooooooo good to see him. I learned that he had been divorced. Some bells started ringing in my head (I really hate when that happens) and I told him I had someone I wanted him to meet. He was not anxious to go on a blind date, but said, "I'll go so I can have dinner with you." So I called up my sweet, dear friend Sherry (Loveridge) Broderick and told her I wanted to line her up with my cousin. She was not thrilled to get lined up - but said (get this) "I'll go so I can have dinner with you." :o) How cute. So they met Rod and me at the Lone Star in Centerville. We had a GREAT dinner, and they could not take their eyes off each other. We could tell they did not want the evening to be over, so we went to a movie. They held hands and talked through the whole movie. THEN we stood in the foyer for 45 minutes talking. Finally Rod and I said we had to call it a night and left. They stayed out until 2 AM or some ridiculous hour. Because Dale lived in Holbrook AZ and Sherry in Bountiful UT this was a long distance courtship - and it was a courtship from the beginning. She had fresh flowers all the time. He spent lots of weekends in Utah - she even went to Arizona. The went snowmibiling in Wyoming. They got together every chance they had. They ended up getting married the Friday after Thanksgiving that year. She really fought it because of her kids still living at home. She told me she went down kicking and screaming - but down she went! They are the sweetest couple and treat each other like gold. Last Saturday, they were sealed in the Bountiful Temple for time and all eternity (that's a looooong time guys!). When Sherry called to tell me the news, I said "Oh, I just can't come." As soon and we hung up the phone I was on the Internet looking for a ticket. After all, why not go see my girls and my grandkids, too? so THAT'S why I got to go have a perfect weekend in Utah and experience the fall that I miss so much in AZ! Dale and Sherry were so surprised when they saw me there that they both cried. It was great! I love you guys!

4 generations - Dale, his mom (my dear Aunt Rouvoe), and his children and grandchildren.

What a handsome couple (is that what you say about people our age?)

I don't know about this, Dale doesn't look too thrilled in this one.

Okay, this is better. He looks pretty happy here.

Aren't the fall colors at the temple just beautiful?

1 comment:

Jamie and Family said...

I think this is a really cool story!!