Saturday, October 06, 2007

Mary posing at the Mesa Temple Visitors' Center .
Isn't the Mesa Temple beautiful?
This is truly one of my favorite visuals.
We have a friend in our ward that Rod home teaches and she does not drive. Every Sunday I take my kids to church and drop them off early so Nick can help with the Sacrament, and then go back and pick up Mary and her son, Robert. Mary is an amazing woman, who has a really great testimony of the gospel. We found out she had never been to the Mesa Temple, so for her birthday in September, we took her to the temple grounds and out to dinner. We also saw the Joseph Smith movie. She loved it. As we came out, the sky was really beautiful. I love the silhouette of the palm trees against the sunset - one of my favorite things about AZ.
I am thankful for the special friendship we have with Mary. Her unwavering faith is such a strength to me and I feel privileged to serve as her "church chauffeur."

1 comment:

Kori said...

What a neat thing to do. Thanks for setting such a wonderful example. The pictures really are gorgeous, too.